|Full Comprehensive Description :
Lake Ekala Nurra is a seventy-five acre rural getaway located four hours north of Sydney on the beautiful mid-north coast of New South Wales, Australia. Situated right on the Pacific Highway midway between the major regional centres of Taree and Port Macquarie it offers easy access to school, youth and church groups as well as casual travellers or backpackers seeking overnight or short-term holiday accommodation.
Facilities include a seven acre lake, canoes, tennis court, modern gymnasium, playing field, BBQ areas, internet cafe, conference centre, fully-equipped common kitchen and dining facilities, office bureau services, and kilometres of walking tracks traversing the adjoining state forests. Apart from our own facilities there is a wealth of things to do and see in our surrounding areas. Taree (Manning Valley), Forster/Tuncurry (Great Lakes), Laurieton (Camden Haven) and Port Macquarie (Hastings Valley) are all a short driving distance away and offer everything from wildlife parks to beautiful sandy beaches.
TRY BEFORE YOU DECIDE
If you'd like to make sure that our venue is suitable for your needs then we'd like to invite you to take advantage of our 'try before you decide' program. Basically, here's how it works. Because we're really proud of our venue, we extend a special invitation to camp facilitators (or their representatives) to come and stay with us prior to making a booking. This invitation is for two nights in one of our self-contained units or facilitator's apartments and includes full use of our facilities. There is no charge for the visit and absolutely NO obligation to make a booking. Our motives are simple and honest - if you like what you see then you'll be comfortable in using our venue! If not, then we hope you'll tell us why so that we can make some positive changes. To take advantage of this offer please phone me (Phil) on 0409 484 202 and we'll make a reservation at a time that will be suitable for you.
The kitchen and dining facilities include the following:
- FREE accommodation for two catering staff (self-catered functions)
- large walk-in freezer room
- walk-in refrigerated room
- 6 burner commercial stainless steel gas range
- large slow-combustion wood range (all wood stocked and provided at no cost)
- pie warming oven
- microwave oven
- commerical gas deep fryer
- commercial gas griddle and salamander
- large bain marie
- commercial Birko toaster capable of poducing 600 slices of toast per hour.
- two 30 litre Birko urns
- stainless steel food preparation benches
- Norris BT-700 commercial pass-through dishwasher
- all crockery, cutlery, cooking utensils
- dining room settings to accommodate 80 guests per sitting
- all the help you need in making your self-catered experience a success!
Our main meeting/conference hall contains the following:
- 8 channel mixing desk
- wireless & wired microphones
- grand piano
- drum kit
- amplifier & speakers
- internet-connected PC
- printer & photocopier
- high definition projector
- motorised screen
- if required, someone to help you use the equipment.
Our group accommodation building has two separate wings, each with it's own ablution block. This is ideal for camps requiring separate accommodation and facilities for men/women (boys/girls)!
The group accommodation block contains the following:
- 10 fully air-conditioned dormitory-style rooms.
- Separate male/female toilet/shower facilities (dormitory rooms and ablution facilities are under one roof)
- Large, comfortable 'common room' with TV, DVD, internet terminals and well-equipped kitchenette.
- 2 fully self-contained facilitators apartments - the apartments are air-conditioned and fully furnished including plasmaTV's. (one of these apartments is made available FREE of charge to the camp facilitator and partner)
- 3 x self-contained modern apartments
We have many other facilities available for our guests including:
- a full size tennis court
- a kiosk open from 7:30pm to 9pm on camp nights.
- internet cafe
- business services
- fully equipped gymnasium with plasma TV and DVD player
- campfire sites
- BBQ areas
- playing field
- walking tracks traversing the state forest bordering us on two sides
- and of course, our beautiful lake with jetty, canoes, kayaks and three islands.
Midweek - Sunday through Thursday nights - $15.00 per guest per night
Weekend - Friday & Saturday nights - $25.00 per guest per night
(prices are based on self-catering - please call for a quote on catered functions or camps.
Self Contained Units
$120.00 per unit (one or two guests) per night
Extra guests $15.00 each per night
Please note there is no charge for the camp facilitator, two catering staff or bus drivers.
Please note that our cancellation policy is as follows:
For a booking cancelled 61 days or more before the event – full refund.
For a booking cancelled 31 to 60 days before the event – %50 refund.
There is no refund for bookings cancelled less than 31 days prior to the event.